When you want to build a WordPress-based online sales website, the first thing you usually do is to find a free plugin that suits your needs. But I bet there is no free plugin that can meet all your needs, such as the WooCommerce plugin.
Below I will explain why:
WooCommerce is a free plugin, but this does not mean that it has few features. On the contrary, you may be very happy when using this plugin. Not long ago, Automattic, the parent company of WordPress, acquired WooCommerce; this means that the founder of WordPress has obtained all its source code.
Installing the WooCommerce plugin on your website will turn it into a real sales website: you can sell anything on it, such as mobile phones, clothes, toys, food, etc. The user interface and user experience of the plug-in are visually friendly, so you don’t need to spend a lot of time getting familiar with it.
Advantages of WooCommerce
- It’s free: yes, it’s free. It allows you to create an online sales website.
- Extension support: The plug-in supports a variety of extensions, bringing new cool features to your website.
- Theme support: WooCommerce plugin supports many free and advanced themes.
- Easy to install: easy to use, simple and friendly interface.
- Multi-language support: With the multi-language pack in the WooCommerce plugin, you can customize your website to almost all major languages of the world.
- Easy to pay: The plug-in integrates with popular payment methods (such as Paypal and Amazon), and uniquely provides COD payment options.
- Discount support: The WooCommerce plugin also supports discounts for each product or group of products. It all depends on your judgment.
- Tax rate support: Each product supports the tax control function (if you need it).
- Inventory support: This plugin provides you with warehouse control functions to help you make statistics, such as purchase bills, order lists by date, month, and year, so that you can track inventory, but more importantly, income.
Who should use WooCommerce
Although WooCommerce is very flexible, it still has certain limitations. This is why I recommend that those with small businesses use the WooCommerce plugin. You can use this plugin to create a website to help you sell your products online quickly and easily.
WooCommerce is not without its drawbacks. Depending on factors such as data volume and configuration, your website may work well because WooCommerce has been tested by many people before you. I have seen many sites that make use of it to run WordPress, and there are many extensions running in the background, resulting in performance degradation. But that’s okay because your website doesn’t have to be this way. You can follow the instructions on how to solve the lag performance here; in order to know more about how to properly uninstall the WordPress plugin.
In short, if you only need to create a small store, I recommend WooCommerce. On the contrary, if your needs are higher (for example Amazon, Aliexpress, and other more complex websites), you should consider other solutions. This decision is up to you, but I have seen that many websites are able to function normally and do well within the minimum configuration requirements of WordPress and WooCommerce.
Although WooCommerce is a standalone plugin, it does not mean that you can install it on any WordPress theme and expect it to run normally. Make sure you are not attracted by fancy, unnecessary features. Creating an excellent shopping experience is related to simplicity, visual effects, and shopping flow.